Postgres Open is in its second year, with the aim of bringing enterprise users, application developers and core PostgreSQL developers together.
Postgres Open is a non–profit, community–run conference series in the United States focused on business users, database professionals and developers of PostgreSQL, the open source database. Our inaugural conference was September 14-16, 2011 at the Westin Michigan Ave in Chicago, IL.
We target entrepreneurs, technologists and decision–makers on the leading edge of data management, open source database innovation and disruption of the database industry. Postgres Open promotes the business of PostgreSQL as well as its use and development.
- Josh Berkus, PGDG Core Team member
- Selena Deckelmann, PGDG Major Contributor
- Robert Haas, PGDG Major Contributor, PostgreSQL committer
- Paul Ramsey, Geospatial Architect at OpenGEO, PostGIS Founder
- Gavin M. Roy, Chief Technology Officer at MeetMe.com
- Baron Schwartz, Chief Performance Architect at Percona
- Greg Smith, PGDG Major Contributor and author of High Performance PostgreSQL 9.0
"PGDG" is the PostgreSQL Global Development Group.
Postgres Open is a non-profit conference, and is fiscally sponsored by Technocation, a 501(c)3 organization. Technocation is an international not-for-profit providing education and resources for professional IT development. Our 501(c)3 determination letter is available on our website.
Postgres Open is dedicated to a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Our anti-harassment policy can be found in our conference policies.
You can get in touch with Selena by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.